Saturday, March 7, 2009

POOP BLESSING:

I DON'T LIKE CLEANING!!! For those of you who do, more power to you!! I love to have a clean house but just don't like the cleaning part. Cleaning with a 3 1/2 year old and a 10 month old running/crawling around makes it even harder!!!

So to the subject of SPRING CLEANING. After catching a few nasty viruses this winter season I decided our household needed some DEEP SPRING CLEANING.

However, due to my dislike of cleaning, my procrastination, my laziness, and my already exhausted self from getting over kids' bouts of sicknesses, I was NOT finding motivation to do this DEEP SPRING CLEANING.

Then one day, SOMETHING HAPPENED. Let me start this by saying we have been blessed that my 10-month-old has NEVER pooped in the tub. Well, it happened, and Trevor wasn't home to clean it up. I picked her up to clean up the MESS.

Little did I realize (sorry to be a bit graphic here) but the poop was not so solid and the water didn't help. When I picked her up, without realizing it, A LOT OF POOP got on the bathroom rug and I STEPPED IN IT. AND NO I DIDN'T REALIZE I STEPPED IN IT CUZ I THOUGHT THE RUG WAS SOPPING WET FROM GETTING HER OUT OF THE BATH!!! ACK!!!!!!!

It wasn't until I had walked through the house several times gathering some towels to put in a load of laundry that I started to notice streaks of POO on random places of the carpet. I cleaned them up wondering HOW DID POO GET FROM THE BATHTUB TO THE CARPET???

I went into the kitchen and was so sick of stepping on the letter magnets on the floor so I sat down to pick them up. It was then that I noticed MY FOOT COVERED IN POOP!!! EWWWWW!!!!! AND IT WAS DRIED ON!!! YES, that's how long it took me to FIGURE OUT that I had STEPPED IN MY KID'S POOP!!!

I went to the bathroom to clean off my foot and saw the smashed poop in the RUG. IT ALL MADE SENSE NOW!!! ahhh!!!!

THAT'S WHEN THE POOP DISASTER TURNED INTO THE POOP BLESSING!!!
I was SO SICKED OUT that I suddenly found MAJOR MOTIVATION to do some DEEP SPRING CLEANING.


I blockaded the girls in a room while I disinfected everything with lysol and clorox, the toys, the doorknobs, deep cleaned the bathrooms, washed all the rugs, opened all the windows to air out germs, washed all the blankets and beddings in the house, deep cleaned all the floors, you name it I pretty much did it. I WAS SICK OF GERMS......FLU GERMS, COLD GERMS, RSV GERMS, AND NOW THE POOP GERMS.
TOTAL HOURS OF DEEP SPRING CLEANING: 5 1/2!!!!!
OH HOW MY HOUSE SHINED!!!

My fellow bloggers. The lesson here is that LIFE IS FULL OF 'POOP DISASTERS'. BUT IF YOU GET THROUGH IT AND MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT, THOSE 'POOP DISASTERS' JUST MIGHT TURN INTO BLESSINGS!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. ROTFLOL!!! I am so sorry that it took poop to do that, b/c that's just really unpleasant, LOL - but yes! Those moments really can turn into the coolest blessings!!! :-) Thanks for the GREAT story, LOL!!! And enjoy your freshly-cleaned home!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY 100% feel ya on HATING cleaning but recently I have had to kick myself in the butt to do it. AND everytime I do clean SOMETHING happens: I break something, Jerimiah hurts himself bad, or I'm super sick! So not motivating but I'm still just doing it!

    I guess poop everywhere would motivate me too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! My "blessing" was accidently dumping one of the potted plants on the carpet. Suddenly it needed vacuuming and a spot treatment...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLOLOLO I love it! I have been there many times, but never realised the blessing side of the situation. I love that you can. Great job on the deep clean. It feels great to have it all done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awsome. We have been there so many times its not even funny. I guess it is LOL. Well its nice to hear the house is clean anyways. Much love to all of you and Hi to Trev from me

    Marcus( Stacie's Hubby)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, my dear, are HYSTERICAL! I can totally see you through this whole adventure.
    If I stepped in poo, would you come spring clean my house too?

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are the pics of your cute girls?! Anyway, I am glad you found my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That story is so funny. I would have to say you are blessed to have made it this long without a poop in the tub. I feel the same way about the clean house. I love having a clean house I just hate that I have to be the one that cleans it. I also hate that it won't stay that way very long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh, I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite blogs to read, haha! you're so funny. This is Genesis. I found your blog from your facebook.

    Thanks for the positive message and good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FINALLY! Cute AND cheap flower clips, headbands, hair ties, sweat bands etc. for your kids! (Girl and boy stuff)!!! CHECK IT OUT! www.polkadotsndaisies.blogspot.com AND CHECK OUT www.pocketzfullofpoziez.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad to read that things like that don't only happen in our household!!!! LOL!

    ....i came over here from Melissa's post about your ice cream experience! Too funny!

    ...come by and visit me anytime!

    ReplyDelete