Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yeah, UH, WHOOPS!!!!!



So we had some family visiting from out of town and of course I wanted to make my famous yummy, sauce-made-from-scratch, lasagna!!!! We came home from church and I slaved away making this yummy meal!! After getting the sauce to the PERFECT taste I began to put the layers in the casserole dish. My bag of mozzerella cheese didn't have enough in it so I grabbed another bag from the freezer. All the while the others took a nap, awaiting a melt-in-your-mouth meal:



To my surprise, after being in the oven for 45 minutes the cheese STILL hadn't melted!! WHAT THE?!?!?!?!?!?
I bravely picked off a piece to taste it just to see if it went bad or something. To my HORROR, it didn't taste like cheese at all!!! It tasted like a potato!!!! ACK!!! I put HASHBROWNS instead of mozzerella cheese!!!!!!! In spite of my horror, disappointment, and embarassment I grinned for the camera as I thought of the blog post this could turn out to be. (Most of it ended up being hashbrowns, but some was indeed cheese.......)
Well I got the table all set and woke up the crew to tell them the sad tale as to why the 'cheese' didn't melt. BLESS THEIR SOULS they ate it ANYWAY!!! :) And it actually tasted pretty good :) lol!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, they would've fooled me, too, LOL!!! :-) That is too funny - glad they turned out well, though - and now you have an "alternate" recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, mi sobrina, is why I truly avoid cooking at all costs. And though the thought of one day being a wonderful dinner-put-together-er is somewhat enticing, the reality is, I don't have it in me. Best be ordering out next time.

    Mmmmm hashbrowns

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! But way to go on making sauce from scratch....I have never done that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a mistake anyone could have made. As I was reading the post I predicted that you dropped the pan taking it out of the dinner and you had to do something else for dinner. I have seen that happen before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That is the most cute story ever! I bet it tasted great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL you are not the only one to curse how much forzen mozzerella cheese and frozen hashbrowns look so much alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SOOOOOO funny...it sure "looked" great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hilarious! But just curious, you didn't eat any of the cheese while you were cooking it? I always eat half the cheese I need. haha. That sounds really yummy though!

    ReplyDelete