Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dear Luvs,

Luvs, I have been your fan for quite some time.

Let me tell you. I have a system when it comes to diapers. When they are newborn....for sizes newborn and 1 and 2, I buy the Pampers Swaddlers....they are SO GREAT!!! They snug right on the newborn bum so well, they are so soft, and they hold in the 'mustard' pretty darn well.

For sizes 3 I alternate between huggies and luvs. I really like both. Honestly, and I debate every time which to get....I'll end up getting the cheaper of the two or else the one I have a coupon for.

So, since my little cute one-year-old is in size 3, I got a large box of Luvs this time.

Now, every once in awhile in a package of diapers you may find one diaper (maybe, just maybe, two) that is missing a tab. When that happens it's very annoying: "Like what the heck, there goes a dollar down the drain or however much that one diaper cost!!!! What's your prob quality control person?"

Then you forget about it or find a way to 'safety pin' it or throw it away or give it to your other kid to use as a play diaper, or whatever.

Well in this most recent pack of Luvs I had NINE, yes NINE.......that is 9 diapers missing a tab!!!!!!!! N I N E!!!!!!!!
What the HELK????????????????

So you can guess what I'm going to do. (I had pictures but my scan disk errored and I lost em so I'll have to take more and post them). I'm going to mail those 9, yes NINE diapers back to Luvs and kindly ask them to right this wrong.

Quality Control Person, HELLOOOOO McFLY??????? EARTH TO QUALITY CONTROL PERSON........ ARE YOU THERE???? DID YOUR MIND WANDER FOR QUITE SOME TIME WHEN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING THOSE TABS??????

Sincerely,
A Used-To-Be-Slightly-Annoyed-Mother-Who-Is-Now-Severely-Annoyed-And-Now-Has-To-Drag-Her-Kids-To-The-Post-Office-And-Pay-Postage-To-Mail-You-Back-Your-NINE-Tabless-Diapers!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I would be ticked off, especially if one of those was the only one I brought along with me.

    Loved your reference to Back to the Future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! You have quite a way with words though, I can see 9+ new diapers in your future. Huggies sometimes I find have a few literally glued together and pulling them apart means putting a huge hole (or two) in one or more of the diapers.

    At least you found the 9 missing tabs before you were out somewhere with no "spares!" Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet, another reason why I love you so! Go get 'em girl! And when Luv's comes crying and trying to make it all right. Take every advantage of them you can!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That STINKS!! I had a problem the other day too! I also buy Luvs(the tab thing hasn't happened to me yet), and I got a large box, brought it home and opened it...there were no packaged diapers, just all crammed in. Different sizes and brands of diapers! I was mad, because someone returned a box of random diapers, the employees didn't catch it so they put it back on the shelf and the fact that it was late and only had one more diaper left for Elise. So I had to go back that night...returned it, went back to the shelf, and they were all out of stock. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. what about the power of duct tape?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - you are too funny!!! :-) I would laugh so hard if they sent you exactly NINE replacement diapers - but considering shipping, you'll probably get a coupon or two and be forced to be party to a continued "collusion for diaper waste!" ;-)

    Hope the next batch is from a different mfg lot - sometimes that helps, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so frustrating. You will have to keep us posted on what they do about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Huggies girl! BUT I know what you are talking about....I HATE it when I get ONE of those rejects!!!!

    ...I'm lovin' Pampers Pull-ups though...I think I like them better than the Huggies...I never tried Luvs...If I remember correctly when I bought them for my oldest (10 years ago) that was the brand that was Plastic on the out-side....not cool or cozy...So I've been turned off of them ever since...maybe they caught up with the program and make cloth-type ones now???

    Hey...let us know what happens with the refund process...I'd like to know how they handle it!!!!

    ReplyDelete